SEO For Malaysian Accountants: Get More Clients with SEO Campaigns for Your Accounting Firm
Learn why SEO is important for Malaysian Accounting Firms to acquire more clients in the long run.
Did you know that accounting is one of the most competitive industries not only in Malaysia but also in the world? With thousands of accounting firms in Malaysia competing to attract the same clients, you need to create a competitive advantage to stand out and grow your accounting firm.
In this digital age, one of the best ways to stand out in your industry is to gain online visibility on search engines and rank highly in search engines result pages (SERPs).
With search engine optimization (SEO) for Malaysian accountants, your company can reach the top spot of search results which can generate more organic traffic, qualified leads and of course revenue. At Navenpillai.com, I specialize in providing SEO services for accounting firms.
In this article, you will learn more about Malaysian SEO for accountants and how my SEO services for accounting companies can help your firm generate qualified leads from search engines like Google. If you’d like to know more about my SEO services, feel free to contact me via email or schedule 30 minutes free SEO consultation.
Attract more clients with SEO for Malaysian accountants
What is SEO for Malaysian accountants?
SEO is one of the most effective digital marketing strategies that improve your site’s online visibility on search engines for keywords your potential clients are searching for. The main goal of SEO is to position your site high on search engine results pages for keywords relevant to your products and services. For accounting firms, you want to rank for keywords like “accounting services”, “outsource accounting services”, “bookkeeping” and many more.
You want to make sure your business site is easy for search engines to find, read and understand. When your site is easily discovered and understood, it is easier for search engines to index your web pages on search results.
When your potential customers search for terms related to your business, they typically enter a word or phrase into the search bar. When your website has SEO implementation in place, your site will show up at the top of the search result pages for search queries related to your industry. For example, people often search for “accounting firm in + [your city]”. Take a look at the screenshot below when we search for “accounting firm in KL”.
Although SEO looks like something easy to implement, you need to know that there are close to 200+ ranking factors to rank a website on Google. It ranges from your page title to building quality links to your site.
Let’s look at why SEO is important for Malaysian accounting firms.
Why is SEO for Malaysian accounting firms important?
Well, SEO for Malaysian accounting firms is important because it allows you to get a high number of potential customers to visit your website. If you get your SEO done right, your website can earn you the customers that are more likely to hire you for your services.
There are a lot of studies on SEO that suggests that SEO is one of the top digital marketing disciplines that offers the best conversion rate as it targets people with search intent. You need to know that, people have an intent when they perform searches on search engines like Google.
For example, if a small business looking for an affordable accounting service provider, they are looking to hire an accounting firm that can handle their accounts. So, if your site appeals and provides solutions to their search queries, they’ll be more than happy to build a business relationship with you.
Types of SEO tasks for Malaysian accounting firms
There are different types of SEO tasks that can be carried out as accountants to grow your online search presence and attract potential customers to your firm. For instance, your company can use:
- Local SEO: Local SEO helps you to improve your presence on local search results especially on Google Maps. You need to create and optimize your Google My Business page, create localized content, build local citations, and many more.
- International SEO: You can easily reach international clients for your accounting firm when you focus on International SEO. Implementing global level on-page, off-page and technical SEO will help in reaching the global audience for your accounting firm
- SEO Audits: One of the most crucial SEO tasks that reveal the problems with your website and helps in developing a strong SEO foundation. It also provides insights to help you improve your company’s SEO activities.
- Link Building: Competitive niche requires robust link building strategies to build authority. From manual blogging outreach to broken link building strategies are something you may want to incorporate with your SEO strategy.
What Do Naven Pillai’s accounting firm SEO services include?
When it comes to Malaysian accounting firm SEO, you’ll get full-stack SEO services. It means you don’t have to hire freelancers to complete specific SEO tasks.
I will take care of everything related to SEO for you because I associate with a group of experienced freelancers that are good with development, designing and writing.
In addition to providing you with the complete SEO expertise, my SEO services also include:
- Comprehensive SEO Audit
- On-Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Link Building
- Content Creation
- Traffic and keywords ranking tracking
- Monthly SEO reporting
- And many more
Learn more about my SEO consultation service.
SEO Tips for Accounting Firms in Malaysia
What is your first step when you’re looking for a service or product? How do you make a comparison between two similar products or service providers? Performing simple internet search should be your first or foremost action and most probably you’re searching using Google (Google is the default search engine for Chrome and Mozilla Firefox)
Whenever your potential client is exploring options for an accounting firm in Malaysia, they’ll start their hunt with Google. This means you need to make sure your firm’s website appears at the top of search results for the right keywords.
Here are the best SEO practices your accounting firm should practice. Please do not expect quick results from SEO. It can easily take 6-12 months to see the actual result. You just need to be consistent with your SEO activities.
Note: I assume you’ve conducted a complete SEO audit for your website before moving on to the SEO activities
Conduct keyword research
Finding the right keywords that are relevant to your accounting services is essential for your SEO strategy. When you optimize your web pages for the right keywords, it will show Google what your site is about and determine whether you’re satisfying the search intent of your visitors.
You don’t want to target highly competitive keywords as they are commonly dominated by top accounting firms. Focus on local keywords and long-tail keywords instead.
For example, you can include the following keywords:
- Accounting firm in Malaysia
- Accounting firm kl
- Accounting services Malaysia
- Malaysia company incorporation
You need to get specific with your target keywords to perform better on search result pages. For example, if your accounting firm is specialized in offering cloud accounting services, then you should consider keywords like “ cloud accounting Malaysia” or “best cloud accounting software”.
Once you’ve identified the keywords that suit best your accounting services, then you can create content around them. Avoid repeating your keywords and make them appear naturally within your content. Keyword cannibalization can lead to penalties from Google that results in the removal of your web pages from search results.
Create Google My Business Page
If you want to attract local clients, then you need to create and optimize your Google My Business page. Let’s say we search for “accounting service in Klang”. You can see that Google shows the map with accounting firms. You need to work on your Google My Business Page to appear at the top here of search results pages.
If you’re not sure how to create and optimize Google My Business Page, you can check out the guide I’ve written:
Optimize On-Page SEO Elements
The accounting industry is extremely competitive. So, you need to make sure your website’s on-page SEO elements are completely optimized. This include:
- Optimizing your page title and meta description
- Strategically place targeted keywords within the content
- Add internal and external links (the ones that add value)
- Keep your URL short and include your target keyword if it makes sense
- Add text to your image alt tags with relevant keywords
- Implement structured data
- Include target keyword within the first 100 words of your content
Focus on user experience (UX)
User Experience (UX) is important for both visitors and search engines. You want to provide the best experience for your visitors when they visit your website. And search engines show up your web pages on search results only if it offers a good user experience.
Do you think Google wants to rank sites that have high bounce rates and slow load time?
Following are some of the best UX practices you should apply to your accounting firm’s website:
- Format your text elements for your web pages and make them easy to read: Use headers, bulleted lists, numbered lists, blockquotes and don’t forget to bold important keywords.
- Optimize your images and illustrations: Compress your images, use next-gen image formats like WebP, and obey the copyright law.
- Easy to use navigation menu: Keep your navigations clear and clean without any clutters to allow users to easily navigate different pages on your website.
- Include social proof elements: Include testimonials from your clients and partners you’re working with to show your authority and increase the trust factor.
Your website needs to be responsive on all devices. Your main goal is to entice users to stay on your web pages longer and consume all the information you’re offering.
Get more clients with Naven Pillai’s Malaysian accounting firm SEO services
With more than 10 years of experience in SEO, I am equipped with enough knowledge and experience to help your business build an ever-lasting online presence.