How much should I invest in Malaysian SEO Services?
What is the best SEO Malaysia Pricing in 2024?
Business owners often struggle with these questions. Because the nature of businesses is different specific requirements are needed to develop successful SEO campaigns.
The price of SEO services in Malaysia depends on many factors which include:
- The competitiveness of the industry
- Quality of service provided
- Experience in SEO
A high price does not indicate high-quality services. At the same time, low-priced SEO does not justify the quality of service provided. The main two activities of SEO; high-quality content and backlinks will use up a major part of SEO cost.
If the SEO pricing is low, how can they produce long-form structured content and outreach for links from high-authority sites?
Cheap SEO services also have a high chance of increasing your risk of getting penalized by Google, if they build poor quality backlinks from irrelevant sites.
When it comes to choosing the right SEO partner in Malaysia, you’ll need to know how much SEO will cost for your business website.
In this article, I will provide insight into the average cost of SEO in 2024, so you know how much you need to pay to work with top SEO agencies or SEO consultants.
Just keep reading to learn more.
Let’s take a look at an example pricing model if you choose to work with me.
SEO Pricing Plans from Magnes Marketing
I avoid providing SEO packages for clients as each client has different requirements and goals for their business. However, I have a benchmark that I follow to fit the various needs of clients.
I only work with a maximum of 4 clients at a time. I want to give the best for their business growth through SEO strategies. I can easily charge slightly lower and work with ten or twenty clients but I’m pretty sure I can’t provide 100% attention to all.
My SEO plans are designed to maximize results and not focus on search rankings alone.
To get a peek at how much you should be paying for my SEO services, take a look at the table below.
Most SEO agencies offer packages that include every aspect of the SEO tasks they will be performing on your website. I’m a bit different. I’ve mentioned that I don’t fancy SEO packages but you gotta give what people are looking for. Most clients that I met asked me to give pricing packages they could choose from.
Offering a few SEO packages allows potential clients to have flexibility in choosing the right package that suits their marketing budget. But, after the initial discussion, I’ll suggest the best packages to go for and the expected results. The common misconception among business owners in Malaysia is that they are still in the dilemma of whether SEO will work for them. And that’s the reason I choose the right businesses to work with.
Okay, let me explain more about each of the elements I’ve added to my SEO packages.
Website Analysis & Optimization
When you take a look at packages from digital agencies in Malaysia they elaborate in detail about the tasks they will accomplish.
I love to keep it simple. When we talk about website analysis and optimization it includes the following aspects of SEO:
SEO Initial Review & Analysis
- Website review
- Duplicate content checking
- Backlink Audit
- Competitor research
- Keyword research
- Keyword URL mapping
- Current Keywords Ranking Report
- Landing page analysis (homepage and service pages in most cases)
- Title Tag Optimization
- Meta Description Optimization
- Content Optimization
- Header Text Optimization
- Image Optimization
- Canonicalization / 301 redirects
- Robots.txt creation & Optimization
- Sitemap creation and Optimization
- Site Responsiveness Analysis
- Permalink Analysis (URL)
- Schema Markup Analysis
- Page Loading Speed Analysis
- Google Search Console Setup
- Bing Webmaster Tools Setup
- Google Analytics / Clicky (if clients are willing to pay) Setup & Integration
- Google Analytics Conversion Tracking Setup
- Google Analytics Custom Dashboard
- Google My Business Page Setup & Verification
- Customer Reviews Optimization
- Local Business Directory / Citation Submission
These are the exact things I do for SEO Audits except for tool implementation. These are the things I will perform for my clients before diving into other parts of SEO.
You need to get the fundamentals right before implementing other strategies to provide great results. Without solving the fundamental SEO issues, it is not worth the time to implement other strategies.
Let’s move on to the next step.
Most people believe SEO and Content Marketing work separately.
The typical SEO mentality is to optimize an existing website with researched keywords and gain links from relevant and high-authority websites.
The main focus of SEO is to bring in more traffic from search engines. But, what’s the point of driving traffic if you can’t keep your visitors engaged with your website and convert them into paying customers?
This is where content marketing comes in. Combining SEO with Content Marketing is like killing two birds with one stone.
I love to use a combination of SEO and Content Marketing. And I have used it in my very own projects as well.
Here’s the list of things I do when developing the right content for my clients:
- Identify the target audience
- Understand the pain points experienced by the target audience
- Perform customer analysis
These are the fundamental research that needs to be conducted before moving on to the content development process.
So, how do I develop and optimize content for both audience and search engines?
Well, read on.
- Produce content on relevant topics – Content should focus on solving the reader’s problems. Creating content that promotes your products and services will be such a huge turn-off. The content should be customer-centric and focused on the target audience and their pain points.
- Identify and incorporate the right keywords or phrases – Keeping content simple is the best way to attract more readers to consume the information provided. The targeted keywords and phrases naturally added to the contents.
Manual Outreach (Guest Posting)
You want to devise strategies to earn backlinks to your site. Broken link building strategy works like a wonder but it doesn’t work for every niche.
The best link building method to implement will be getting quality content published on high-authority websites related to the business. Guest posting is not restricted to link building alone but also allows businesses to reach a new audience and gain their trust by publishing quality content.
This is one of my favourite methods to get high-quality links from authority websites while increasing the brand awareness of client business.
Linking the right resources or landing page on a guest post or the bio section can earn massive targeted traffic.
You need to gain exposure for your content. Relying on search engines to rank your content takes time. Meanwhile, content promotion can help you gain exposure and potentially increase your customer counts when it’s done right.
The main reason for me to include content promotion as part of the SEO service I provide is to gain more backlinks. Contacting the people who have shared similar content or people who have linked to similar content will help in acquiring new backlinks.
What’s the point in developing top-notch content in your niche if no one reading it?
Keywords Ranking on the First Page of Search Engine in 6-12 months
I’ve been in the SEO industry for more than 8 years and helped businesses grow their business with SEO efforts.
The number one question clients ask me “How long will it take to reach the Google First page?”.
To be frank, I don’t have an answer for it. The answer is more complicated than the question.
From my experience, a website can see results in 6-12 months depending on the competition. But, if you’re continuously carrying out your SEO campaigns, you will see better traction in 12 months.
I have successfully helped clients get on top of the search ranking results in 6 months even for competitive niches.
The best way to reach the top position is by developing really fantastic content.
You need to understand that SEO is an investment. The more effort you put into it the greater the results and returns.
SEO is for the ones who want to be in the game for the long term.
This is basically the breakdown of the SEO service I provide.
I will be as transparent as possible with the pricing here. Let me break down the cost and time for the SEO services I’m providing.
- Website Analysis & Optimization (SEO Audit) – RM 2,000 (3-4 days) approximately RM200 – RM250 per hour.
- Content Development – I don’t write content on the niche I’m not familiar with. I outsource them to experienced freelance writers. One content of 2000+ words will cost RM500 – RM600 per content.
- Manual Outreach (Link Building) – Getting content published on authority sites is not an easy task. There are outreach and email tasks involved. It will cost around RM250-RM500
- Content Promotion – The content will be promoted on various platforms which include social media networks, forums, and community sites. It will cost RM300-RM400
I did not include the cost of the tools I’m using to perform other SEO tasks like competitor research, keyword research, and technical SEO.
This is a realistic SEO costing for the services I’ve explained earlier.
So, coming back to the question I’ve mentioned earlier in this article,
How much should you spend on SEO services in Malaysia?
The amount you want to spend on SEO depends on your marketing budget. But for anything less than RM3,000, it’s better to do it yourself by reading SEO resources available on the Internet. If you have the time for learning and implementation, you can definitely do it.
If SEO agencies in Malaysia offer services for less than RM3,000 you need to thoroughly discuss and find out what they are actually bringing to the table. As a freelancer, I don’t work with clients who can’t invest RM3,000/month in SEO campaigns.
Just remember that you often get what you pay for when it comes to digital marketing services. If you’re serious about your business and looking to grow to another level, please don’t compromise for “cheap” SEO services.
SEO is an ongoing long-term strategy. I always suggest clients stick to at least 6 months plan to see results. If they are satisfied with the results, I would ask them to decide whether they want to continue the monthly retainer or offer to train their staff in handling SEO campaigns in-house.
Don’t invest in one-time SEO strategies. It’s hard to see any results from a one-time implementation. You need to keep your site fresh with new content to consistently rank at the top of search results.
How Malaysia SEO Pricing is Determined in 2024?
There is no minimum or maximum pricing for SEO in Malaysia. It does not mean any agencies can claim to do SEO and charge whatever price they want. It comes to you as a client to decide on the right SEO price for your business.
The Internet is the best place to do your research.
There are 6 important key components of marketing ROI you should consider to grow your business.
- Determine customer lifetime value (CLV)
- Estimate target acquisition cost for every customer
- Identify the best marketing strategy that will help you with customer acquisition.
- Determine a realistic marketing budget
- Setup your target marketing ROI
- Consistently monitor your ROI
According to recent research, leads from search engines have a 14.6% close rate compared to outbound leads.
Different Types of SEO Pricing Models
A monthly retainer is one of the common SEO pricing models used by digital agencies in Malaysia. There are other SEO pricing models which include:
- Fixed-Price SEO Contract – The client will sign a contract with the agency or freelancer to provide specific SEO services. For example, the client only wants to build backlinks and hire the agency to perform that specific SEO task.
- Project-Based Pricing – This pricing model is often used by companies for custom SEO projects. Moreover, it is also used by large digital agencies to outsource SEO tasks.
- Hourly SEO Consultation – Some agencies and freelancers only provide consultation and action plans for businesses. This pricing model is used by companies that have an in-house marketing team that implements SEO strategies.
Note** If companies are charging less than RM3,000/month, you need to be extremely cautious. SEO tools and strategies are expensive today as the competition is increasing for online marketing.
When it comes to SEO, you get results for what you paid for. The main reason for digital marketing agencies to offer “ cheap SEO” is that they lack clients. These agencies might be successful at getting you top ranking on search results but lack of experience and resources to sustain the rankings.
It’s also important to know that ranking is not everything. You also need to have the right landing page to capture leads and convert them into paying customers.
So what’s next?
I’ve covered everything that you need to know about SEO pricing in Malaysia.
What do you think about the SEO pricing offered by digital marketing agencies in Malaysia?
You can check out my other article on Digital Marketing Pricing Guide.
Please share your opinion by commenting below.